banter on area arts and culture

21 September 2006

I Felt Metropolitan, or, Jammin on Third Street

Real quickly... a co-worker and I met at Dakota Harvest Bakery today for lunch.

The first time I went, I was underimpressed. They had no vegetarian option. I don't know why this irritates me, but it did, and I vowed to never go again. Apparently they cought me on a rough day. I, of course, went back. They now do a lovely job with the vegetarian fare and have really come in to their own.

So, if you haven't gone, it's a must. Today was a spicy corn chowder day, and that was enough to reverse the damage of the insurance adjuster calling at 7am this morning.

But, this has nothing to do with my story. It is important, however, because otherwise the story would be one sentence long.

My excitment came from a guitar player set up outside Scott's Music on Third. With guitar case out, and a couple people listening, he was playing music. On the street. This is the first time I've seen this during the daytime. Since I work on campus, I am not downtown a lot during the day, but it made me smile none the less. Plus, my cell phone just arrived via fed ex. Literally this moment. It'll be a good day.

Peace::Ben::Team CulturePulse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home