banter on area arts and culture

19 November 2006

An update, or, How great it feels to see things work out

It's Sunday. The slammers seem to have abandoned their game. This makes me glad, although I can't say that our neighbors were impressed with James and I last night. They will get over it, much as I got over the slamming.

To Fargo yesterday afternoon... by the time we got there, the parents had arrived and my friend had been not only let in the room, but included - by both the family (although begrudgingly by some) and the Merit Care staff.

I must apologize, since I didn't get the full story yesterday. My friend was not allowed in the room, until the wishes of the family were known - not due to the wishes of the family. While this changes things a bit, since HIPPA forbids the release of health information to non family members, the fact remains that in North Dakota my friend would not have been able to become family with his boyfriend. This is where the tragedy lies.

In any case, enough bantering about the legals... know that our friend is in stable condition and they will know more tomorrow.

Off now to spend the final moments with my friend Ali before she departs back down south. Coffee and good conversation ensue.

Peace::Ben::TeamCulturePulse

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home